Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Peer Review for Nicki Escalante

I peer reviewed Nicki's "Rhetorical Situation."

What activity did I choose?

I chose the first brainstorming activity, since that's the one meant for the rhetorical analysis post.

  • I basically told her that I thought she chose a topic that was very fitting to Project 3, since it's a very specific instance that is a part of a larger argument. This choice will facilitate finding details and sources.
  • Her rhetorical analysis is lacking some detail, but she has some good ideas on the type of purpose and audience she could choose.
  • I also reminded her that it's important to keep in mind where the project could be found in the "real world," and that that could really guide her in finding relevant sources.
  • I think this feedback will be helpful because choosing the topic is one of the most stressful parts (in my opinion) so some reassurance is definitely nice. Also reminding her of the context will probably help her if she's not already keeping it in mind, since I find it easy to forget and lose my direction.

As far as course materials, the Student's Guide wasn't very helpful since Nicki's post doesn't have a specific structure (in terms of intro, body paragraphs, etc) so the only "course material" I used in my review is the project guide for project 3-specifically when I reminded her of where the final product may appear.

What I admire about Nicki's work so far is, like I said, her topic choice. I think it's a really smart choice to choose something so specific like a bill, and I think she'll be really glad that she chose the topic once she starts to do more research, whereas my project lacks this specificity.

I'm getting worried that my topic might be too general or far-reaching. How are you guys feeling?


No comments:

Post a Comment