Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Peer Review 1

I peer reviewed Sienna's QRG on whether or not veterinarians are over-vaccinating animals. Here's a link to my rubric on her draft: rubric.

Schaffer, Andrea. "Puppy on Halong Bay."4/18/2011 via
WikiMedia Commons. Creative Commons License.


After looking over her QRG, it helped me feel more confident in the way I used the conventions in my own. We both have pictures and the question/answer format with subheadings to our QRGs, and I think it's looking pretty good.

Sienna was very neutral in the way she presented the facts, even going as far as to include a disclaimer saying that she doesn't have the "right" answer. I think I need to work on this because my QRG is definitely biased towards Nina's side of the lawsuit. Sienna's QRG also made me realize that I need to include more sensory details, like describing the setting and the people involved. I'm wondering if including pictures might suffice, or at least allow me to not go into as much depth.

One thing Sienna didn't include as much was clearly describing her stakeholders. She described one of them very well, but it's not as clear who the others are, so I'm going to want to make sure I've described mine well. She also includes many quotes toward the end of her QRG, which is good, but she doesn't explain when/where they came from, or how they specifically affect the argument.

As I mentioned before, she did an amazing job of describing different settings and people. She uses several descriptive adjectives and takes time to make the reader feel like they're there. I definitely want to include more of this in my own QRG. She also does a great job in the formatting of her QRG. Major quotes and beliefs are emphasized with spacing and putting key words in bold. I have some of those conventions in my QRG, but it'd be a good idea to expand.

Overall, Sienna did a great job and her QRG is definitely one to reference as a good example!

No comments:

Post a Comment