Sunday, February 21, 2016

Brutally Honest Self-Assesment

IT'S OVER! Time to bring back the dancing man gif.
Kungen324. "Cool Guy." 10/15/2015 via WikiMedia Commons. Creative Commons License. 

How am I feeling about the project?

  • When I had completed my first draft, I was very happy. I focused on the aesthetic of the QRG and I was proud that it looked cute and pleasing to the eye. Once we did peer reviews and I realized how much I was missing from the content, the panic set in. Now that I have so many more words and details that I feel like aI wouldn't have originally put in, I'm a little more unsure. I feel like I covered the bases of what the rubric asked of us but I don't think this is necessarily how I would have gone about it if it were completely up to me.
  • I am sort of scared to see how my QRG measures up to everyone else's. Normally I wouldn't feel like this but the fact that all our work is public adds a little more pressure. I feel pretty confident in what I made but this is the first project, so the expectations are still slightly unclear.

What are the major weaknesses?

  • I feel like the way the QRG flows is kind of awkward. It was very hard for me to find places to add the details I missed, like describing the setting and time period. I had to do a lot of moving big sections around and I'm still not sure I like how it's set up. Hopefully it makes sense and fits the style of a story. 
  • I also worry that my QRG is still too biased. I got reviews that it was before so I tried to remain more neutral in my revisions. I still can't tell if I come off too one-sided, so that is a major concern.
  • I worried about if I described my stakeholders enough in the beginning, and I still do. I included descriptions-which was already difficult and something I did not want to do- but I wonder if that is enough to fulfill the requirements.

What are the major strengths?

  • The way I formatted my QRG is pleasing to the eye. I included plenty of white space and different colors and subheadings. My sources are cited with hyperlinks and I definitely covered the "question-answer" convention of a QRG in mine. I am very confident in the form aspect of my project. 
  • The point of why it is controversial is clear. It makes sense why nurses everywhere would be interested and concerned at the way the lawsuit played out. Even though it is not an extremely huge story, it is big enough to affect and interest others.

What about time management?

  • Well this is where I really dropped the ball. I knew in the deep depths of my heart that this would be a problem and that I should not by any means wait until the weekend, but I'm weak. Somehow I always ended up waiting and freaking out and dying every Sunday. I am going to try my very very very hardest to not do this for the next project. I feel like my work and my heart would really benefit from giving myself more time to complete things. 
  • Although I procrastinated, maybe even stayed up till 6 am once, I definitely put in effort into this project. I researched the topic very thoroughly and put in plenty of time, even though it was procrastinated, anxiety-inducing time. Again, if I spread out this effort and allocate my time better next time I feel like my work will improve. 
DONE!!!!! Please refer to the dancing man again.

No comments:

Post a Comment