Sunday, March 20, 2016

Reflection on Production Week

This was not my best production week, to be honest. The procrastination and spring break distractions really got the best of me.

What went well?

Not very much. I was surprised that it was easy to find my sources and analyze them, because I expected that that would be the hardest part, but it turned out to be the simplest part. I was able to easily find three sources per genre that I'm covering.

What were the challenges?

Time. Management. I procrastinated wayyyy too much this time and ended up with late blog posts. I also had a very hard time recording and editing. It's very time consuming and I feel like I'm spending too much time on that and not enough time on the content. I'm worried that it will be boring, and that I'm covering too much or too little. Overall, very confused.

What about next week?

I am hoping to get myself together next week. I know my project needs some serious love and attention, so I have a feeling this next week will be difficult. I hope I can clear up my confusion and put together something that will be entertaining and fulfill the project's requirements.

What about the overall project?

Like I mentioned above, the dominant emotion is confusion. I can't tell if I'm covering my topic in too much detail or not enough, and the conventions of a podcast are hard to get a hang off as well. I am pretty worried, honestly.

It's been hard, but I'm just hoping for a better following week and week back from break.

No comments:

Post a Comment