Sunday, May 1, 2016

Production Report 14b

Does anyone watch unbreakable kimmy schmidt? It's really funny but I go back and forth between thinking its way too stupid and thinking it's the best thing that's ever happened. I recommend if you like dumb things. 

Audience questions
  • Again, form isn't playing a huge role in the content here. It's gone from a bullet to a paragraph again, which is what a college essay calls for. 
  • This is just the beginnings of what my essay will look like, so it's still pretty easy to get things written up quickly. I figured it only made sense to write the bullets chronologically as I have them on the outline, so I won't have to be filling in things later. The deep thinking parts haven't been reached yet.
Here's a bit from my content outline:

  • I also want to explain how I worked and wrote/created material at the beginning of the semester and compare that with how I’ve changed- i surprised myself with how hard I worked and how much I accomplished in comparison to how I’ve worked before in other English classes.

Now here's an edited version fit for my essay:

At the beginning of the semester with project 1, I was still holding on to the mentality that I had in my past english courses. I needed structure, I wanted the 5 paragraph standard essay back that I was trained to write for four years. I wanted to be told what to do rather than have all the creative freedom I didn't know what to do with yet. I chose a QRG for project 1. Looking back, that was the best choice I could've made. The QRG is still a very structured genre, so although it took some getting used to, I could still follow a very distinct form. I couldn't have imagined the way I would manipulate  the genres I'd be working with later, and the kind of freedom I would take in creating the projects. 

Finals makes me want to eat ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment